2008年11月8日 星期六

Why I Decided to Aceept This Challenge to Study the New Testament

Back in Fall semester 2001, I was studying @ BYU-Hawaii. Not long after the school started, September 11 terrorist attack happened and on that day, I had a strong urge to serve a full-time mission. During the preparation process, I went to the Laie, Hawaii temple almost on a daily basis to learn more about the Plan of Salvation and about Jesus Christ. I still remembered vividly when I looked at a mural that depicted Jesus' charge to his disciples to "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:"(Matthew 28:19) I felt as if Savior is spoken to me personally as well. Besides, it seems to me that I can feel the prints of the nails in his hands and on his feet. Jesus Christ is my beloved Savior and friend. I hope by studying the New Testament, I will know more about Him, and become more like Him and a better disciple of him.

沒有留言: